Saturday February 4th, 2017 to
Sunday February 5th, 2017
Contest- The Park Hotel Nungambakkam
601 Anna Salai, Near US Embassy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006,
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Superchef Chennai is a cooking competition organised by the Madras Cosmopolitan Ladies Circle 38, MadrasCosmopolitan Round Table 94 and The Park Hotels,Chennai in association with RotaryClub of Anna nagar.
2. Superchef Chennai is a cooking competition to be held across 3 categories: Adult Individual, Kids Team(of 2) (10-14 years) and Round table /Rotary(team of 3-Children below 10 yrs are not allowed)
3. All categories are open only to amateur cooks and home cooks. No participation will be allowed for professional chefs, chefs in training or chefs / students with culinary degrees and/or studying in professional culinary co-urses.
4. Participation in the RT and Rotary category is strictly restricted to members of these organisations only.
The decision of the Judges at every stage of the competition will be final.
STAGE 1: SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: January 5th to 31st 2017
1. Participants can enter the contest online at our website www.superchefchennai.com
2. Contestants need to fill out the registration form and submit a recipe name with a one line description along with the applicable registration fees.This fee is non-refundable.
3. Recipe should be a single recipe of any cuisine of the contestant’s choice.
4. Contestants can take part in multiple categories but can submit only one recipe in each category. Each recipe must be accompanied by the applicable registration fees.
5. Managing participation in multiple categories is solely the responsibility of the participant.
6. Registration forms can be submitted between January 5th and 31st 2017 online at our website
7. The organisers can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org .
STAGE 2: PRELIMINARY ROUND: 4th February 2017 at The Park Hotel.
1. All contestants will have to bring the precooked dish of the exact same recipe that was submitted in the registration form at a specific time to The Park Hotel ,Nungambakkam on 4thFebruary.
2. Expected Time of arrival at the venue will be very specific and may vary for each contestant depending on his/her category.
3. Superchef does not take responsibility for the contestant missing the timeslot or arriving late and there by being disqualified from the next stage of competition.
4. The dish should be brought ready in all respects and contestants will be allowed to only plate up and present it for judging. The crockery for the presentation will have to be brought by the contestants, table space will be provided for display.
5. No arrangements will be made for heating , reheating or any form of finishing off of the dish.
6. The predetermined transparent criteria for judgementare –Creativity, Complexity, Taste and Presentation
7. 12 contestants from each of the categories will be selected to move onto the final stage– the live cook off.
STAGE 3 : FINAL LIVE COOK OFF: 5th February 2017 at The Park Hotel, Nungambakkam.
1. Finalists will have to arrive on the Day of the Final Cook Off at a designated time.
2. Late arrivals will be disqualified and therefore not allowed to participate in the Superchef-competition.
3. Superchef does not take responsibility for the contestant missing the timeslot or arriving late and there by being disqualified from the competition.
4. There will be a select panel of professional judges andcelebrity judges, who will mentor and interact with the finalists.
The decision of the organisers is final at all stages of the event.
DISCLAIMER: Participants are responsible for their own safety and belongings. The event organisers will not be responsible in any way foranylosses/injuriescausedtotheparticipantsduringthecourseofthisevent.
I,hereby confirm that I have read and accept all the Rules and Regulations as detailed above and on the Superchef Chennai Facebook page and website.
• A convenience fee will be levied.
• Eventjini enables a transaction between you and the organizers of this event.
• Once a transaction is completed, Eventjini or Eventus Software which owns Eventjini, is not liable to process any refunds under any circumstances.
• For any refunds, grievances, claims and questions related to the event and its execution please contact the event organizer.